A few weeks ago a brilliant follower on my FB page (you know who you are) commented on a story about my son and she gave me a great idea! Why not make a transportation themed book that imitates a much loved children’s book that is repetitive and rhythmic in nature? At that moment, Blue Car, Blue Car What Do You See? was formulating in my mind.
Over the last few weeks, I’ve been able to purchase these very cute graphics from ReviDevi @ mygrafico.com and make this book for my PK kiddos.
And of course you know the rules here at C-Station: if I make, you get it! So here it is!
Note that this booklet is made so you can either print it front to back (and fold) OR single pages (and cut down center line and place in order). My personal preference is single pages (so you can only see the preview picture, not the next page) but if you need to save trees, you can do so by printing front to back and just folding the book! It’s really up to you! 🙂
I LOVE this book because of all the language skills I can work on:
- concepts of transportation
- color concepts
- transportation sorting (land, air, water, or construction vs. rescue, etc.)
- answering “What” and “Where” questions (e.g. What does a plane do? Where do you see a plane?)
- similarities and differences between various types of transportation
- making predictions with visual cues