This product is perfect for speech-language pathologists who are new to working with primarily non-verbal, or minimally verbal children.
This 11 page PDF explains the step by step process to effective assessment of primarily non-verbal, pre-verbal, or minimally verbal children ages birth-5 years. It explains the basics of using parent interview, as well as a client’s developmental, family and medical history to create a holistic view of the child’s development. In addition, assessment of play skills is discussed as an integral portion of the assessment process. Additional areas addressed are assessment of functional communication systems as well as assessment of vocalizations and imitation skills.
Included in this packet at no additional cost to you is a PDF explaining the ages and types of play skills typically developing children will exhibit. Using this information as a guide to typical play development is essential to conducting a thorough assessment of a child’s true abilities.
- Page 1-Cover
- Page 2-Steps to Assessment
- Page 3-Client and Family History
- Page 4-Parent Interview
- Page 5-Communication Checklists
- Page 6-Play Skills
- Page 7-Toys I Like to Use During Assessment
- Page 8-Functional Communication System
- Page 9-Vocalizations and Imitation
- Page 10-Recommendations and Treatment Plan
- Page 11-List of Additional Presentations in this Series